NYHIST-L Archives

July 2005

From:
Hugh MacDougall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:55:49 -0400
    New York Assembly terms in the 1830s were for one year only. William B.
Ogden served only in the 58th Session of the New York Assembly, which met
from January 6 to May 11 1835. I presume the elections were the previous
fall, but am not certain of this. Delaware County had two representatives at
the time.
    My source is the New York Civil List, by Hough, which was published
periodically (my copy, minus its title page, is ca. 1882) and which includes
listings of all New York officials from colonial days until the date of its
issue.

Hugh MacDougall, Cooperstown