NYHIST-L Archives

November 2001

Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:05:07 EST
Dear Friends,

I would like to hear from someone who has knowledge of the railroad system in
the 1870's, specifically from the states of New York and Pennsylvania and
going to the Dakota Territories, specifically Yankton.

I have a relative who traveled there at that time and would like to know what
was available.  I don't think Yankton was a booming city so I'm curious as to
the availability of trains going there.  Thank you.  Mary L. Casey