NYHIST-L Archives

July 2001

Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 08:44:47 -0400
Just received this information and thought some might
be interested. I am writing to let you know that the
following 1900 US Federal Census orphan listings for
your areas have been transcribed and uploaded at my
website:

St. Vincent's Orphan Asylum, Onondaga County, New York

St. Vincent's Home (poorhouse with orphan lodgers as
well), Borough of Brooklyn, Kings County, New York
St. Patrick's Orphanage, Jefferson County, New York.

The 1900 listing for the Saratoga Home for Children,
Saratoga County, is yet outstanding but due back in to
me any day now.

These lists can be accessed by clicking on the lower
right hand window of the Orphans' Home on my homepage;
a map of the U.S. will come up --- users should then
click on the state of New York, then on 1900, then on
either Orphanages or Poorhouses (depending on list
sought), then on the name of the institution. The URL
for my website is:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~orphanshome
    (give this site time to load)

My website is the Orphans' Home Website and is fairly
new (Feb. 2001).  It is the goal at this site to aid
orphan genealogists by providing transcriptions of
orphan listings from both censuses and rosters; there
are also two message boards at my site and areas where
Orphanage Facts, and Success stories/tips can be
collected and uploaded for researchers.  All
contributions of lists, transcriptions, and
information to my site are welcome.

In turn, if any of you have webpages of your own with
information you feel would be helpful to orphan
genealogists, please let me know and I will be glad to
add a link to your site(s)  to my own pages. Also, if
you plan to add orphanage sections to your own
webpages, please let me know in order that I can pass
on to you any information that may come my way that is
useful for  researchers but not in line with the goals
and purpose of my own site.