NYHIST-L Archives

April 2000

From:
John Rathbone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 16:01:51 -0400
From John Rathbone at [log in to unmask]

G'Day, All!

On 28 March, I sent a note to this address list in reply to (actually,
commenting upon) the above subject.

Further discussion with my correspondent about the "Medea Compact" I had
referred to reveals that the communication was not precise, either in the
sending or -- more likely -- in the receiving.  The word was not "Medea",
but "Amenia."

The boycott of Great Britain was by the signers of the "Amenia Compact",
named for the community which is found in NYS, near the conjunction with the
Massachusetts and Connecticut borders.  It is also located near a place
called "Little Nine Partners" -- which I have yet to find.

So, repeating my earlier request, does anyone know anything about the Amenia
Compact?  OR Little Nine Partners?

Many thanks for your help!

John Rathbone