NYHIST-L Archives

July 1999

From:
Annette Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:54:55 -0400
Re the Hotchkiss Essential Oil Co.  The Hotchkiss Oil Co. sold the
manufacturing operation of the business to William Leman, Inc. of
Bremen, Indiana in 1982.  Anne D. Hotchkiss remained as President until
her retirement in 1984.  In 1987  the Hotchkiss Buildig was placed on
the Register of both State and National Historic Sites.  In 1990 Lleman
discontinued operating the essential oil busines in Lyons and moved
production and distribution to Indiana.  In 1991 Miss Hotchkiss donated
this property to Waye County and in 1998 the Lyons Heritage Society
leased it from the county as its headquarters.
Miss Hotchkiss is still very much alive and well and will be the Grand
Marshall for the Peppermint Days Parade.  The Hotchkiss Building will be
open Saturday July 17 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.  with tours available.
As a trustee of Lyons Heritage Society I will try to answer any
questions either on the list or by e-mail directed to my address as
shown above.