NYHIST-L Archives

December 2001

From:
Phil Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:00:58 -0500
Please note the following request from Kansas. I do not find this in the current Geographic Place Names index. Anyone who can help, do not reply to me, and do not reply to this list. Please send your information to the person indicated below:

I am trying to find the location of a town or city once known as Monarch, New York.  This location is inscribed on the baseplate of a lamp I had found in my grandfather's barn, and the location named has thus far eluded all inquiry.  I do not know if you would have the time to reply, but if you have any suggestions on how I might find background on this lost city, I would certainly appreciate it.  Please reply to [log in to unmask]

Thank you,

Kevin Haynes
Overland Park, Kansas