NYHIST-L Archives

August 2003

From:
Marjorie Oi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:50:32 -0400
You can find information online at www.bls.gov (the website for Bureau of
Labor Statistics).  BLS collects data on consumer prices for each year.  The
detailed online data may not go back to 1949, but any university library may
have reports for earlier years.

You should also be able to find information in the "Economic Report of the
President"  This is published annually and later ones are available online
at http://w3.access.gpo.gov/eop/index.html The online information again does
not appear to go back to 1949, but the published reports should also be
available in the library.

Marjorie Oi
690  Winton Road South
Rochester, NY 14618