From:
David Palmquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:35:53 -0400
In seeking employment I would obtain the newsletters of statewide and regional organizations in New York State:  the Museum Association of New York, Western NY Association of Historical Agencies, Regional Council of Historical Agencies, Long Island Museum Association, and Lower Hudson Conference.  Each issue usually contains job openings and announcements of internships.

In addition, check out workshops and meetings, etc., which one can attend and use for networking.  In addition, check the newsletters of national and international organizations such as the American Association for State and Local History, and the American Association of Museums.  Some of the newsletter material might be on line at web sites.  Better yet, join some of these organizations;  many have student and new member rates.

Names, addresses, phone numbers and URLs of all the above organizations are listed in "Where to Get Help" on the State Museum's Chartering Program page, at:

http://www.nysm.nysed.gov/charter/assistance.html

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Hello
>
> Where would a 30 year old man who is just graduating with a
> degree in history seek employment?  He is finishing college after
> recently leaving the military  and would like to return to the Capital
> District or some area of NYS or possibly New England.  He is planning
> on returning to the Saratoga County area after graduation in December.
>
> His father-in-law asked if I could help locate any websites or sources
> where there might be postings of this type.
>
> Any help with this is appreciated.
>
> God Bless
> Ruth Ann Messick
> Saratoga Springs, NY