NYHIST-L Archives

December 2011

From:
Maureen Kingston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2011 16:31:28 -0500
Tillman Nechtman,

The information here was found while I was looking for something else and is
no doubt well beyond your research deadline. However, I came across a speech
by Red Jacket, given in defense of Stiff-armed George, who had been accused
of murder. There is no mention of Joshua Hill, but accompanying account
establishes Sa-go-ye-wat-ha's contact with travelers and settlers in Ontario
County (most of Western New York in 1800). "History of Ontario County New
York." Philadelphia: Ewerts, Ensign & Ewerts, 1876. Reprint Ovid New York: W
E Morrison, 1976, pp. 26-7.

Maureen Kingston, Historian
Town of Avon, NY