NYHIST-L Archives

September 2000

From:
Bill Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 18:04:43 -0400
An Eyewitness Account of the American Revolution and New England Life: The
Journal of J. F. Wasmus, German Company
Surgeon.
Translated and edited by Helga Doblin. This journal of a Braunschweig
surgeon includes details of his experiences sailing to America,
participating in Burgoyne's campaigns of 1776 and 1777, and his capture at
Bennington. He describes not only the military duties of a surgeon,
but also his life in captivity in New England.
Read more information on this book! Hardbound, 311 pages. (Published at
$65.00) $60.00

http://www3.edgenet.net/dhagist/fha.html

The URL above will also get you to information on a bunch of other German
accounts of that campaign and its aftermath.

Bill Carr
Town of Malta
Saratoga County, New York