NYHIST-L Archives

October 2000

From:
Don Rittner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 12:41:12 -0400
Last year I wanted to OCR (optical character read) city directories from a
nameless State Library into a database I'm creating.  They told me that
after they microfilmed them the company dumped the hard copies.  I suppose
they never thought that OCR technology would come down - cost wise - to the
end user.

Hmm, what is the old saying about putting all your eggs in one basket?

dr