NYHIST-L Archives

December 2009

From:
NYHISTLED <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 2009 10:19:47 -0500
The following announcement is posted by request.

--Moderator, NYHIST-L

PUBLIC HISTORY SURVEY

The History Department at SUNY Fredonia is considering creating a graduate
certificate program in Public History that will provide training in
historical methods, archival methods, exhibition planning and preparation,
historic resource management, and so on. We envision a program that would
require 15-18 graduate credit hours (5-6 courses), including course work in
Public History and applied skills, historical research methodology, directed
readings, and an internship and/or practicum. These courses would be
available to both full- and part-time students and all courses included in
the program would be applicable to an Interdisciplinary M.A./M.S. at SUNY
Fredonia.

So that we can best tailor the program to meet the needs of the Western New
York community and of our students, we have created a brief survey about
your interest and possible enrollment in the program or related courses. We
greatly appreciate your willingness to participate in the survey, which will
provide us with valuable feedback as we move forward with planning the
program. It should only require a few minutes of your time. All responses
will remain anonymous and will be used for no other purpose than preparing
our program proposal.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=kW5y9yOM8_2feUapbRP49TIA_3d_3d

We encourage you to forward this survey link to friends and associates whom
you think might be interested in this program.

The link can also be accessed at the bottom of the SUNY Fredonia history
department homepage (http://www.fredonia.edu/department/history/).

Dr. John Staples,
Chair, Department of History
SUNY Fredonia