NYHIST-L Archives

November 1999

Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:03:12 EST
A close friend of mine reenacts as part of Selin's Independent Rifle Company
from the Revolutionary War. He is very interested in researching Captain
Selin and the unit. We know that Selin's group was part of Von Ottendorf and
Armand's Corps. We know that they took part in the Sullivan-Clinton Campaign
against the Iroquois in New York. Much of what he has already learned in on a
www page at:

http://members.aol.com/liv18thc/selins.html

If there are any members of the NYHIST list that can add to this we would
very much appreciate having suggestions of sources/locations to search. Does
anyone know of diaries or journals of Selin, or any of the men in his
command, or his commanders who might have mentioned him?

Thanks for the help!

Les Buell