NYHIST-L Archives

July 2000

Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:32:32 -0500
Check this out to confirm but the notes I have is that HRH Prince
Albrecht Luitpold Ferdinand Michael of Bavaria died on July 8,
1996 at the age of 91.  He was the heir of the Plantagenets and
the Stewarts, the Jacobite claimant to the Throne of England.

If strict succession had been followed he would have become King
of England on August 2, 1955.  His heir in 1996 was his older son
HRH Prince Franz Bonaventura Adalbert Maria of Bavaria who had
never married.  I do not know if he is still alive but the heir
presumptive was a younger son, HRH Prince Max Emanuel Ludwig Maria
of Bavaria, Duke in Bavaria.

Prince Max had five daughters with the eldest Princess Sophie
being the Crown Princess of Liechtenstein.  Princess Sophie had a
son born in London who eventually would be heir to
Liechtenstein and to the Jacobite claim to England.

djweber