NYHIST-L Archives

January 2003

From:
"Travis, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:28:37 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Olson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 9:47 PM
To: Jon Olson
Subject: Premiere of "Gods and Generals": 2/22/03

To All Regular and Online Members of the Capital District Civil War Round Table (Albany, NY) and Other Interested Persons:

FYI, below is a message I've received from Sue Knost, Program Chair, concerning the local premiere of "Gods and Generals" to be held at Proctor's Theatre on 2/22/03:

     "I have some great news!  I have just confirmed that we will be hosting
     the Northeast premiere on opening weekend of Gods and Generals at
     Proctor's Theatre, Schenectady, NY.  There is no other premiere planned
     for either New York state or the Northeast part of the country.

     Director Ron Maxwell, Assoc. Producer Dennis Frye, and several actors
     will be present for this event.  We have scheduled the event for Feb
     22 (a Saturday), and hope that author Jeff Shaara will also be able to
     attend.

     Reserved seats will be $25 and $20 (take the $25, much better seats)
     with a Q& A session to meet the actors and director included in the
     price.  We are planning to make it a full Civil War weekend, and will
     be inviting the 125th NY Regimental Association to be part of the
     event, and will also be asking the new Military museum about hosting
     an event on Sunday afternoon to highlight their new home as well.

     Please let everyone know, and I will have more details early next week
     for your perusal.  I would love to have a sellout!  Proctor's Theatre
     is a restored vaudeville theatre on the National Historic Register,
     built in the 1920s, and has been restored to its full splendor of the
     era.  See it on proctors.org, and select History for  the view of the
     theatre.

     I don't have lots of details at this time, but we are committed to the
     success of this event and  I have been told that our premiere is
     potentially the largest site and grandest venue of all of the national
     premieres.  The theatre holds 2700 people, so tell everyone about the
     premiere.  You know the quality of the events we have held there in
     the past, and this one will be the best yet!"

[Jon A. Olson, PO Box 671, Newtonville, NY 12128-0671; (518) 785-1700;  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]]