NYHIST-L Archives

September 2000

From:
Mary Redmond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Redmond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 15:01:54 -0400
We're glad that the list of newspapers prepared by the New York State
Newspaper Project and available on the State Library's website enabled Mr.
Blanchard to locate microfilm of the newspaper (The Press) he was seeking.

As a point of clarification, the NYS Newspaper Project is conducting a
comprehensive inventory with the goal of cataloging every newspaper
collection that can be located within New York State. The list which we
maintain on the State Library's website is reflective of our efforts in
that area.

We realize that there are undoubtedly New York State newspapers held by
libraries in other states, but records for those are not in our in-state
inventory. And if we have never encountered an issue of these newspapers,
we might not be aware of these out-of-state collections. Be we do strive
for completeness in our own inventory.

We hope this information is useful.

Mary Redmond, New York State Library