NYHIST-L Archives

February 2013

From:
Robert Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2013 21:15:13 -0500
Thomas Reimer's index to obituaries in Schenectady German-language
newspapers covers Das Deutsche Journal from March 1900 through
February 1909, the Schenectady Herold from March 1911 through April
1917, and the Schenectady Herold-Journal for much of the period from
April 1917 through May 1963.

With his permission, we are now incorporating those citations into the
obituary index at the Schenectady Digital History Archive.  More than
700 entries from the Reimer index (covering surnames from Abbuhl to
Forst) are now online, and we hope to have them all up by this summer.

Today's update also includes the last several weeks of the Schenectady
Daily Gazette and assorted papers covering the counties of Fulton,
Hamilton, Montgomery, Saratoga, Schoharie, Warren and Washington, as
well as some items from Albany and Rensselaer, bringing the total
number of entries to 95,113.

<http://www.schenectadyhistory.org/vitalrecords/deaths/index.html>

--
Bob Sullivan