NYHIST-L Archives

October 2000

From:
Philip Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Philip Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 11:09:46 -0400
I agree with everything that Mr. Cutshall-King says in his note.  For more
information about Nicholas Baker's valiant attempt to REALLY save old
newspapers that have supposedly been saved on microfilm, I recommend his
website at http://www.gwi.net/~dnb/newsrep.html.  As a historian who has
used many old newspapers in my work (too many on microfilm), I wish him and
other preservationists well.

Philip M. Katz
New York Council for the Humanities