NYHIST-L Archives

April 2001

From:
"John E. Buchanan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:42:09 -0400
Vicki,

    I am not sure of the origin but I do know it is a roast beef sandwich
with horse radish on the salty kummelweck bun.  Had my first one in 1966 at
age 9 at a small bar in Kenmore right off of Main Street in North Buffalo.
And I make sure I have another one every time I'm in Buffalo!

    While we are talking about Buffalo food, don't forget "Theodore's By The
Lake"  aka Ted's Hot Dog Stand, right by the Peace Bridge and, of course,
the Anchor Bar's Buffalo Wings.

    Sorry everyone....I know this is a history list and not the Food Channel
but I couldn't help myself!

Take care,

Buck Buchanan