NYHIST-L Archives

August 1998

From:
Hugh Mac Dougall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 14:46:44 -0400
The St. Christina School of Saratoga Springs moved to Cooperstown in June
of 1915. It took over the premises on Beaver Street previously operated as
the (Episcopal) Orphan House of the Holy Saviour; and whose name was
changed in 1915 to the Susan Fenimore Cooper Foundation Inc. The School was
operated, as the St. Christina School of the Susan Fenimore Cooper
Foundation, by the Albany Episcopal Diocese, and continued until June of
1942.  The building, rebuilt after a fire in 1927, is currently Bassett
Hall of the Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital, and used as a nurse's residence
and training center.
        Further information can undoubtedly be obtained through the New York State
Historical Association, PO Box 800, Cooperstown, NY 13326, which has very
extensive materials on Cooperstown.

Hugh C. MacDougall
Secretary/Treasurer
James Fenimore Cooper Society
8 Lake Street, Cooperstown, NY 13326-1016

> From: Andrew Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: St. Christian's Episcopal School
> Date: Monday, August 17, 1998 9:26 AM
>
> Does anybody know where I can get information on St. Christian's
Episcopal