NYHIST-L Archives

November 1999

From:
Bill Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 17:26:10 -0500
According to the Beers & Co. 1878 History of Montgomery and Fulton Counties
(roughly equivalent to Sylvester's History of Saratoga County), the
Sacondaga (sic) Patent was granted to Lendert Gansevoort and others Dec. 2,
1741 to the tune of 28,000 acres. It was situated in the present towns of
Johnstown, Perth, Mayfield and Broadalbin.

Bill Carr
Ballston Lake
Saratoga County

----------
> From: BILL & KAREN CAMPOLA <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: History of Great Sacandaga
> Date: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 20:02 PM
>
> [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
> > Would love to see any discussion on the list, as I am looking for
information
> > on the Sacandaga Patent.  My ancestor had a farm within that area.
> >
> > Mary Slack Maynard

> > interested in teaching my class about a major event in the development
> > of NY in the 20th century. I am trying to find primary source
> > information from the time of the first proposal of the Reservoir
through
> > its completion and opening.  I suppose this would include any newspaper
> > or magazine articles, firsthand accounts, community reactions in the
> > form of meeting minutes, community notices, etc.  In short, any
> > documents from the period of the late 1920s through the early 1930s
> > that relate to the Great Sacandaga Reservoir would be extremely
> > helpful.  Would you possibly have any ideas or resouces that could be
of
> > assistance to me?>>
>
> Sacandaga Patent????  I'm familiar with the Saratoga Patent but not the
Sacandaga