NYHIST-L Archives

April 2004

From:
"Campbell, Robin (PEB)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:57:20 -0400
There is a statue of Minerva in the new library at SUNY Albany. She was in the main library for years (at least as early as 1983) before she was conserved and then moved to the new building a few years ago.
Keep in mind that your school is part of New York State government  so that even if the piece was at one time on display in the Capitol it never left State property. It would not have been a loan TO New York State but BETWEEN state agencies.

The SUNY Albany Minerva might not be the one you seek but she looks good and is well protected.