NYHIST-L Archives

March 2004

From:
Lester Hendrix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:18:47 -0500
I recall reading of raids from and against Oquaga. I believe it was in
the Sidney-Bainbridge-Unadilla area or someplace nearby and a hotbed of
loyalism frequented by Capt. Brant at al and periodically raided by Col.
Harper and other rebels including those from the Schoharie forts.
Perhaps the natives of that area were called Oquagas.