From:
Bill Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 11:29:36 -0400
-----

NOW AVAILABLE...

THE NEW YORK STATE LABOR HISTORY MAP
>From the 1600s to the Present

"From Long Island to the Adirondacks to my old neighborhood in the Bronx,
we New Yorkers have a rich tradition of working people who have joined
together to speak with one voice and fight for justice.  Our parents and
grandparents achieved a tremendous amount against terrific odds, and the
New York Labor History Map tells us where and when it happened.  This Map
is not only a wonderful picture of where we've been, but a compass for
where we're going."
    --John Sweeney, President, AFL-CIO

"After perusing this excellent map it should be hard for anyone to look at
that Starbucks on the corner the same way again -- knowing that years ago,
on that very spot, people struggled and sacrificed so the rest of us would
eventually have our fair share of the pie."
    --Michael Moore, journalist and filmmaker

The Map Committee of the New York Labor History Association, along with
cartographer David Fuller, have completed the project that began three
years ago - to PUT LABOR ON THE MAP!

Sites on the map span 400 years of labor history, from the 1600s (#1 -
East Hampton's whaling industry) to 1997 (#387 - City Water Tunnel #3).
Nineteen icons designate the various categories of events and individuals
located on the map (collective bargaining, industries, individuals,
unemployment and plant closings, robber barons, etc.)

Full Color, 36" x 24" (3 ft. x 2 ft.)
Union Label

Perfect for Display in Union Halls, Schools, Libraries, Offices, Museums,
Classrooms, Community Centers, Homes

Prepared by the New York Labor History Association, with the help of:  The
Robert F. Wagner Labor Archives, NYU - The New York State AFL-CIO -
Rochester Labor Council's Education Committee - Buffalo Labor Council's
Education Committee - State University of New York at Albany and
Binghamton - Cornell University, Industrial and Labor Relations, Western
Region, Rochester District, and the Kheel Center, Ithaca

Cost: $8 NYLHA Members
 $10 Non-Members

Add $2 for postage and handling

Bulk orders of 25 or more:  $5 per map, plus $5 for postage and handling
(for each set of 25)

Make checks payable to:  New York Labor History Association

Send orders with payment to:

  Map Committee, NYLHA
  Wagner Labor Archives
  Bobst Library, NYU