From:
Michael Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 20:50:28 EDT
My gggg Grandfather Robert Briglin emmigrated
to the Ontario Co. / Steuben Co. area with his parents
ca. 1840. He was born in England about 1829.

I know little about him or why his folks may have left
England at that particular time. I know that there was
a fairly significant influx of English immigrants
to the Ontario Co. NY about 1850.

Does anyone know what economic conditions/political/
social factors may have been factors in a small wave of
Egnlish settlers to NY about mid 19th century?

Thanks for any information.

Mike Burnett
Ontario Co. NY GenWeb
NY-Military List