NYHIST-L Archives

August 1997

From:
Deborah Clover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 02:24:13 -0400
Just curious: from the original post on the History Task Force, and from a
quick look at the related web sites, the Office of Cultural Education
seems to be focused almost exclusively on history in NYS. I'm wondering
(especially since it is the Office of Cultural Education), where the
folklore and cultural traditions of communities and groups in our state
fits into the plan. As a folklorist, community organizer and someone
engaged in related local history/culture activities, I believe there is a
vital connection. Can someone please expound? Thanks.

BTW, perhaps this is addressed in the report. I did print it out, but
haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Deborah Clover
New York Folklore Society
Ithaca, NY