NYHIST-L Archives

January 2001

From:
Don Rittner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:59:04 -0500
If you have an agent you can usually get around the fee, although you are
paying your agent a fee. You need to see which one is the less expensive
route. These places usually only publish on demand so there is very little
stock (or overhead).  Someone orders a book. They print it.  Still for
esoteric titles and especially ones that are not going to take up shelf
space at B&N, it is a good way to go.  Don't expect much promotion unless
you pay for it.  Everything you see on the home page of BN, Amazon, etc.,
has been paid for - especially placement.  Those top ten picks of the week
are easily available - for 10k a pop.
dr