NYHIST-L Archives

March 2002

Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:48:40 -0500
Hello

Jean Nudd, director of the National Archives Branch in Pittsfield, MA,
will be speaking for Heritage Hunters on how to use the 1930 Census
which is available on 01 Apr 2002. Few states, all southern, have
been indexed. The enumeration district finding aides that is on
the Internet will work for those who know where they are in cities
but not in cases where their location is unknown. Jean will explain
the best way to locate anyone in the 1930 census. The Archives
in Pittsfield will have the 1930 census on 01 Apr.

Everyone is invited to attend the Heritage Hunters meeting this
Saturday (16 Mar 2002) at the Saratoga Springs Public Library
which is between Henry and Putnam Streets in downtown Saratoga
Springs. If anyone needs directions, please email me and I will
send you directions from any direction.

Our meetings are open to the public for free and our speaker will
be at 1pm. Hope to see you there. Light refreshments.

If any groups, libraries, archives, etc. wishes to contact Jean Nudd
and schedule her, you may reach her at

God Bless
Ruth Ann Messick