NYHIST-L Archives

October 2001

From:
"Burch, Wanda (SAR)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 12:11:52 -0400
Kelly--
When I was a student at Cooperstown, Dr. Louis Jones' wife was a balloonist
and was descended from family who were balloonists.  I think I recall that
she collected a great many documents relating to ballooning plus the Jones
were Klock descendants.  It is possible that they had material that was left
at Cooperstown in the archives [it is also possible that they did not], but
you might want to call over there and ask for someone in the archives and
check it out.  The general phone # is 607-547-1400.  I think Wendell Tripp,
who is the retired editor of New York History, also comes in and does work
there--he was well acquainted with the Jones and might be able to help with
resources.  Wanda