NYHIST-L Archives

October 2013

From:
Joseph Gindele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2013 16:31:31 -0500
Hi, Profesor Lewis!

Here is a website you might find interesting and useful with your
students. It's our memoir of growing up in NYC in the ethnic neighborhood
of Yorkville on Manhattan's Upper East Side in the 1940s, 50s, and 60s.
Our award-winning book, "Yorkville Twins" has been adopted and is being
used for the second year in a row as required reading at Mercy College in
NYC. Freshman and junior seminar students are reading it in "Critical
Inquiry: The Immigration experience in New York City," and "Critical
Inquiry: History of the Hudson," respectively. It describes the first 18
years of our lives growing up with immigrant parents (Czech mother and
German father) in a family of seven.

 "Yorkville Twins" includes is a richly annotated resource section, over
100 photographs and illustrations, and a glossary.

On May 18, 2013, the book was awarded FINALIST and runner up in the Social
Science category of hundreds of books submitted from 12 midwestern states.

Please see our website for bio's, testimonials, reader's responses, links,
and additional information: www.YorkvilleTwinsBook.com.

Thank you!

Joe Gindele, D.I.T.

--