NYHIST-L Archives

January 2001

From:
Harry Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:56:48 -0500
Good Afternoon [from Harry Bradshaw Matthews]:

I am pleased to announce that the Susquehanna Freedom Trail, New York is a
new entry on the web site of the
United States Colored Troops Institute for Local History and Family
Research. You can access the entry at
http://www.hartwick.edu/usct/usct.htm

If you visit another entry listed in the Institute's index, Wall of Honor,
New York, you can click on Statesman and Community Index to get to the index
in my new publication, VOICES FROM THE FRONT LINE: AFRICAN AMERICAN
STATESMEN OF THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD FREEDOM TRAIL ...... There you will
find the listing including many communities in New York, as well as the east
coast; and even California [ pertaining to statesmen and USCT of the 20th
and 26th].

Ten advanced copies of the new publication have been donated to :
NYP Library - Schomburg Center; Pentagon; West Point; MLK Library, Syracuse
Univ; Hobart and William Smith Colleges;
NYS Library; NYS Historical Association Research Library. I suspect that
some of the copies will be catalogued in the near future. Until I decide how
to make the publication available to the general public, feel free to
contact me about particular entries in the index noted above.

Harry Bradshaw Matthews
President, USCT Institute

[Associate Dean, Hartwick College]