NYHIST-L Archives

September 1997

Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 18:50:33 -0400
I have a copy of an 1860 map of New York City that I got from the new york
public library.  It shows Marion st as running from grand st to prince st.
parallel to
and west of mulberry street.   A little past prince street it dead ended.  it
may
have run farther south then grand st.  it may have run all the way to park
place but the map is less clear about that.

I think there   is a reference work on manhattan street names and if i think
of it i'll advise you.

Jim Maguire