NYHIST-L Archives

October 2003

From:
Bob Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 07:57:43 -0400
I am sure that everyone already knows this, but there is a Dutch barn at
Old Sturbridge Village, used as program space there. One of the docents
told me it was the first structure that OSV acquired, back in the 1940's
and that it came from the Hudson Valley.

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/20/03 05:10PM >>>
Update on The Dutch Barn in America Symposium

Saturday, October 4, 2003, 10:00am - 4:00pm, in the Dunckel/Spencer
Dutch
style barn owned by Paul Spencer, 105 Simons road, Ancramdale, NY.
Admission is free.  Brown bag lunches will be available ranging from
$5.00
to $7.00.  Any one interested in bb lunch should notify Paul.  There is
also
an excellent deli just down the road.  Below are corrected directions
to the
site.  If you received your directions from the HVVA newsletter, they
are
missing an important road.

For a list of panelists, see our website at
http://www.nwdb2000.org/news.html

Directions to 105 Simons Road, Ancramdale, New York

FROM NEW YORK CITY AND POINTS SOUTH. Take the Taconic State Parkway
north of
Poughkeepsie to the Red Hook/Pine Plains exit. Go east on Route 199 to
Pine
Plains. Past the light, a little over a mile out of town, turn left
onto
Route 82 north (there's a sign for Ancram). Stay on this about 4 miles
until
you reach the stop sign in Ancramdale. Take a left (you're still on 82)
and
go 2.8 miles to Wiltsie Bridge Road. Turn right and follow this a mile
and a
half to a four-way intersection. Hang a sharp left onto Simons Road (a
dirt
road) and we're the first house on your left. (Alternatively, if
you're
coming from I-87, get off at the Kingston exit and follow signs for
the
Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge. Once you've crossed you'll be on 199 and
you can
pick up the directions from there.)

FROM BOSTON AND POINTS NORTH. Take I-90 to the Taconic State Parkway.
Go
south to the Hudson/Ancram exit. Head south on Route 82 to Ancram. When
you
reach the flashing yellow light, take a left onto Route 7. Follow this
1.8
miles out of town to your first right, Simons Road. Turn right and
follow
this dirt road for half a mile. When you come out of the trees you'll
see
the house on your right.

Please RSVP to [log in to unmask] or 518-329-2616.